Sunday, April 15, 2012

Spring Break Post #1

     On blog post that I really loved a lot off of Ms. Galang's Student Blog Post list was Ruby Ranson's response on It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini. I really appreciated the way that she began her post. At first it made me laugh, because her saying she might as well just forget about that post and get a zero, and I thought in my head, 'that's so Ruby,' because it is. But, also, it's so eight grade student, and since I am one, I knew that I could relate to that feeling easily. It made me want to keep reading her response to see where she was going with it. When I kept reading she connected her feelings about procrastination and Craig's feelings, the main character in the book, about how he would always just stack up his feelings until he felt them overflow. It really did make a lot of sense because it made you realize how muh you could relate to a character indirectly. In the end, Ruby related the way that Craig came out to the way that she never wants to be, which was left with out faith or drive to get anything done or do anything productive. I know, I know, it's not like she'll ever actually be like that, but generally speaking, it's easy to give up, and just not care and stop. Be done. But all in all, it makes sense. I really do love the way that Ruby did that, and also how she connected herself to most other people saying that she knows a lot of people who has those days where they just feel so stressed and want to let it all go. I understand that, I even feel like that sometimes to, so it made me feel so involved in her response.
     Another blog post that I really enjoyed from Ms. Galang's Student Blog Post list was Joyce Lau's post about the Hunger Games. well, to begin, I love the Hunger Games, so it goes without saying that I'd already be attached to what she might have to say about the book. But then, she's comparing Peeta and Gale, which, oh my gosh, is something that I argue with my friends about all the time. Team Peeta is definitely the side that I choose, and for the same reasons why Joyce chose Peeta. He loved Katniss from the very beginning and he goes out of his way multiple times in the book for her life. It wasn't hard for me to get attached to Joyce's post.
     By reading these two posts I did learn a few ways and techniques that I might find useful in the future. From Ruby's post I learned that starting off with a totally catchy yet unexpected lead really does help attach the reader and I also learned that it reads so much more smooth and so nicely when you bring it all together and make the reader feel really attached to the post. From Joyce's post, she reminded me about the importance of a trending topic. It's no doubt about Hunger Games being something on a lot of people's minds, with the movie just coming out and all. So her post is definitely something that anybody just scrolling down would stop to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment