Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My Favourite Character in Romeo & Juliet

     Right now I'm readin Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespear and so far it's really good. A little bit confusing, but really good and really sweet. I do have to say that my favourite character is Romeo. There have been some characters that I didn't like so much and some that I actually did like, but I do have to say that Romeo is by far my favourite of them all. I just feel like everything that he feels towards Rosaline in the beginning and Juliet towards the middle, how he changes it up and how it switches is really realistic and understandable. I can really see something like that happening in real life.
      In the beginning, Romeo tries not to let Mercutio tell him how to love and how to look at love. IN the beginning his eyes were set on Rosaline and only Rosaline. I can see how he didn't want Mercutio to tell him how to love because it seemed like he was in real love with her, and that seems like something he would do when he is in love with her. I really like that about his character, it shows this genuineness about him that I really like.
     Another reason why I really like Romeo as a character is because even though he tells Mercutio that he doesn't want to broaden his eyes and look at other girls besides Rosaline, he ends up doing it anyway, which is understandable and something that I should have expected because naturally he is going to look at other people, it's not like he was married to Rosaline, it's something that somebody today would do also, if they were in that type of position.
     Romeo is also very brave and courageous. He knows what positions his and Juliet's families are in and their differences and what they intend, and he stills tries to pursue his love for her. it's so sweet and loving yet so mighty and, like I said, brave. The way that he tried to change everybody's mind about it, even Tybalt, about him and Juliet being together is so sweet. it shows how much he really loves her. it does make me question if somebody in our time would do something like this, I'm sure maybe they would try to keep that love going, but I don't know if they would try to convince their families, I'm so sure why I think this, I just do.

3 comments:

  1. Romeo is a very brave and courageous. He knows what positions his and Juliet's families are in and their differences and what they intend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't mean to copy it how can I delete it

      Delete
    2. I didn't mean to copy it how can I delete it

      Delete